Ecore offers a range of sports and athletics flooring choice for your gym, fitness center, or outdoor area. People expect to see specialized flooring in places they use to workout or practice in. With options that range from rubber, to rug, to fully poured synthetics Ecore has all of your fitness flooring needs covered.
The Everlast collection comes as rolls or tiles that have been made of specially designed rubber for your fitness center. There are three levels of the Everlast fitness flooring product:
- Standard formulation that offers top of the line performance at an affordable price.
- These tiles were designed with durability in mind and are commonly used in weight rooms due to their enhanced ability to absorb shock during weight drop applications.
- These tiles are more highly shock absorbent and work well to dampen noise in platform style weight lifting areas.
The performance collection consists of flooring applications that include shock absorbent padding underneath. They all come in a range of color choices, except the turf; the turf is available in grass green only. The flooring choices include:
- This choice is designed for light activity. You would put this into an area where athletes would be stretching, using stationary machines, or other easy on the floor activity. This flooring includes a 2.5mm top layer and a 5 mm base layer that allows for some noise reduction, energy restitution, and impact dissipation.
- The Rally flooring has the same top layer thickness as the Motivate line but comes with a base layer that is 12mm. This flooring line is meant to be used in higher intensity areas. Rally flooring is excellent for rooms where you have high-intensity classes like boxing or Zumba.
- This flooring line is known for its durability. It has the 2.5mm top layer along with a specially designed 8mm bottom layer. The design, called angry, was specifically created to restore energy back to the user. This type of flooring is the best for free weight training areas of the gym.
- The Monster flooring lives up to its name; it consists of the Beast with an additional 12mm ShockPad layer underneath. This surface is great for aggressive strength training with heavy weight drop applications.
- Speed and Agility Turf
- The turf is bonded to a rubber base that aid in speed and agility. The choices for the base thickness are 5 or 12mm.
This collection is meant for areas of the gym that still need that shock absorbing feel that you would like to make more aesthetically pleasing for customers. These flooring choices will go in entryways, locker rooms, auxiliary rooms (game, meditation, or yoga) and the like.
- This flooring choice is the best for around pools or other areas that may be wet like a steam room. This is a 2mm safety flooring made of vinyl.
- This is a non-woven surface connected to a 5mm base. It is meant for entryways or would work well in a dressing area or other transition area in your gym.
- Bounce 2
- This is a synthetic wood-grain with a 5mm base. You get the padding and the look of wood. This fitness flooring works for dance studios, yoga studios, and meditation rooms.
- This is another safety flooring made from 2mm thick vinyl. It is slip resistant and works well in locker rooms or areas where someone could slip.
- The Spectator line is the next step up from the Frictional line. It is a 2.5mm thick vinyl safety flooring. It comes in a variety of forms, textures, and colors.
If you are looking for the best sports and fitness flooring in the business check out the Opti-Fit’s website today. You will find all of the choices above as well as additional products such as fillers, pads, poured systems, and how to go about customizing your selections. If you have any question give Opti-Fit call today at 888-601-4350.
When running a gym, it’s easy to feel like having the best workout equipment is the most important part. While good equipment will be key to the performance of your members, even more crucial is having quality gym flooring.
Now it may seem silly to think that the floor could be such a vital piece of your business, but there are a handful of reasons why you need to pay close attention when making this decision. Let’s take a look at four reasons proper flooring for gyms and fitness centers is important.
The safety of customers should be at or near the top of any gym’s priority list. Unsuitable flooring in the wrong section of the gym or fitness center like tile or wood can become slippery and even crack, causing numerous health and safety concerns. Having the proper flooring for gyms will provide both gym members and gym owners with the peace of mind that they are safe.
The visual appeal of your gym flooring is one of the first things people will see when they come into your fitness center. Having tile or carpet could appear tacky and unprofessional, deterring many of your potential customers. Make sure the flooring for your gym is aesthetically pleasing to ensure everyone who enters will enjoy the atmosphere just as much as the workout equipment.
Utilizing the proper gym flooring in the different areas on the gym is paramount to saving money. For example, using 1/4 inch rubber under squat racks without a platform will wear quickly causing rips and bubbling. These issues will cause additional safety issues.
Good gym flooring should be easy to clean and maintain on a daily basis. Dirt from shoes and sweat from gym members can cause damage to the floor’s finish, making it slippery and unsafe. It is vital to vacuum and mop flooring for free weight rooms, cardio areas, and entryways of your gym every night before closing up.
Choose Opti-Fit for Your Gym Flooring Needs
With over twenty years of experience, Opti-Fit stands out among the crowd when designing or renovating your fitness space. Whether you need gym flooring, cardio equipment, or strength equipment, our team is here to make sure your gym is successful and looks great in the process.
Contact us today to learn more about the products and services we offer to high schools, multi-family fitness centers, and gyms.